About me

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Surprise smallmouth fishing trip on the New River


Long time since I've posted about flyfishing or spent time on the water. This week, a surprise team building event lead to an  opportunity on the New River with Tangent Outfitters in Montgomery / Giles counties. 



Flycasting form and accuracy came back quickly, but I missed a couple of hits. Fly fishing was a little slow but I managed to boat 2, one over 15". Earlier, we landed one about 18" on spinning gear. 



The fish on the fly...... Made up for a year's absence! 

Thankfully, I will be getting more time in the field and on the water now!!!!!! Also learned some new tricks!!!! 

Oh there was an alleged Muskie encounter by the other fly fisherman.

8 comments:

  1. Fishing trips are as unique as the diverse people who enjoy them, and can span from low-budget visits to a local creek to powerhouse vacations on fancy yachts.

    Ketchikan Alaska Fishing Trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, my most memorable and rewarding trips have been within a bike ride of home on streams you walk accross.

      Delete
  2. Hey, great blog, but I don’t und erstand how to add your site in my rss reader. Can you Help me please? fishing in Paynesville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and following!!! Go down below where is says "Subscribe to the Rivah Blog" and click on "atom" under posts", I should have more posts really soon...

      Delete
  3. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the posts. I have not kept up with it as much as I intended. "Life" gets in the way, but I have plenty to post when I have a chance to catch up. Not to mention, the fall fishing blitz and deer season under way. I saved a few vacation days and will have more to post very soon. Subscribe, I hope you enjoy blogging and don;t forget to send me a link!.

      Delete

  4. sydney harbour fishing charters At Foreshore Fishing Tours, we have been offering some really amazing Sydney fishing experiences to our patrons since a decade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well..
    Bahamas Yacht Rentals

    ReplyDelete